In December of 2011, we began to dream of a people called Redemption Church. Two years later, that dream is becoming a reality. On January 12th, we will officially launch as a new church. God has been faithful to carry us this far, and we are trusting that he will continue to carry us in the years to come.
As our launch date nears, we want to enter a season of prayer to ask God to empower us for the work ahead. Ephesians 3:20 says that God is “able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think.” Launching a new church is a God-sized task, and we are confident that God will enable us to fulfill it. So, we are inviting you to join us in daily, focused prayer for our church.
January 12th is huge day for us! A great amount of time, energy, prayer, and resources have been invested to bring us to this day. Our hope is that our church will introduce thousands to Jesus and help them grow as authentic disciples. So as we count down to launch day, we are encouraging everyone we know to join us in prayer over the birth of a new outpost for Jesus’ kingdom. When ministry moves forward it happens through the gospel and the movement of God, and it is almost always accompanied by prayer. We are asking God to move powerfully in the days ahead. If we are going to leave the mark of redemption on our lives, our families, our neighborhoods, our city and our world, we need God’s constant help.
We will pray:
- that we would know God, to see His face, to glimpse His glory
- for the lost to be reached with the gospel
- for authentic biblical community and grace to confess sins and humble ourselves
- for the people of Redemption Church
- for the church to thrive in every way
- for the good of our city
As a church, we want our prayers to be united, persistent and kingdom centered. We want to reflect on what God is doing here, where He is leading us. We want to align our hearts with His heart and with His mission for us in this city.
THREE WAYS WE WILL ENCOURAGE YOU TO PRAY
- Each day, we will post a prayer guide written by one of the members of our church to encourage and focus your prayer time. We will post these daily to our church blog at redemptionokc.com/blog, and we will post links on Facebook and twitter.
- We will gather as a church on January 8th to pray for our launch and the life of our church.
- The area code for Edmond and Oklahoma City is 405, so we are asking people to pause for prayer each day at 4:05pm. If your schedule allows, set an alarm on your phone or elsewhere as a reminder to pray.
For more info, please email Pastor Chris at email@example.com.