Praying Our Way Home
As we prepare to move into our new building, we want to spend the weeks leading up to our move praying boldly and expectantly for God to use our church and our new space to build his kingdom in Edmond, Oklahoma and around the world. To help guide your prayers, we will release weekly prayer guides each week leading up to officially opening our new building. These prayer guides will be focused on kingdom prayer.
1. is focused on God’s presence and God’s kingdom.
– different from intercessory prayer, which is focused on specific needs
2. is bold and specific.
– believe that God can do mighty things in us
– if it helps, quote scripture back to God; pester God with his own promises
3. is prevailing, corporate prayer.
– pray together, pray alone
– pray long, pray hard, pray without ceasing
4. calls for corporate repentance and longing for God
– accompanied by (and based on) enormous hope
WEEK ONE – Pray for God’s Church to be established and to flourish.
Pray that God would…
•fill our hearts with spiritual passion and zeal for his work in our city and world.
• lead those who are new to our church to plug in at a deeper level.
• give our leaders health, spiritual renewal, and wisdom.
• provide for the financial needs of our church.
• cause deep, gospel-centered belief to grow in our church.
• cause our worship to be rich, powerful, and God-centered.
• send new people to our church who need to know Jesus and find biblical community.
• use the ministries of our church (e.g. small groups, serve teams, kids, students, etc.) to make authentic disciples who live for God’s glory and the good of our world.