Praying Our Way Home
As we prepare to move into our new building, we want to spend the weeks leading up to our move praying boldly and expectantly for God to use our church and our new space to build his kingdom in Edmond, Oklahoma and around the world. To help guide your prayers, we will release weekly prayer guides each week leading up to officially opening our new building. These prayer guides will be focused on kingdom prayer.
1. is focused on God’s presence and God’s kingdom.
– different from intercessory prayer, which is focused on specific needs
2. is bold and specific.
– believe that God can do mighty things in us
– if it helps, quote scripture back to God; pester God with his own promises
3. is prevailing, corporate prayer.
– pray together, pray alone
– pray long, pray hard, pray without ceasing
4. calls for corporate repentance and longing for God
– accompanied by (and based on) enormous hope
WEEK THREE – Pray for Christ-followers to be taught and transformed. Pray…
• For confession of sin and renewal of our love for God.
• For authenticity of our lives and conversations.
• For deepening spiritual relationships.
• For increase in focus and intensity of our prayer lives.
• For unity of our church.
• For increased desire to study the Bible and bring our lives under God’s leadership.
• That all of these things would be true in our church and in churches around our city,
nation, and world.