Redemption Kids Steps to Re-open
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we navigate this season in Kids Ministry. We know kids are missing their friends, volunteers are missing the kids, and we’re all missing the richness that comes with teaching, game, and hands-on time when we come together in-person.
Some things to consider as we enter the next weeks and months:
- You don’t have to wait until Sunday mornings to get together! This is a great time to invite someone over, meet at a park, go for a walk or bike ride, or a picnic with someone else. We’re glad to provide a phone or email (with permission) for someone in your child’s class with which he/she would like to interact. Be the one to take the first step!
- Step in as a short-term volunteer. Know that there are some volunteers that are not yet comfortable returning to serve which makes a full-fledged kids ministry difficult to maintain. If you aren’t currently serving in Kids and feel comfortable dropping off your kids, step in to fill a spot. Know that our ability to open depends largely on the number of volunteers we have.
- There are some great online Bible resources for kids. Many times we rely on the Sunday morning time for our kids Bible training, but this is a great time to engage as a family.
We’ve tried to break things down into monthly plans as we re-gather physically as a church. We want to offer a similar plan for the month of August in Redemption Kids.
Step 1 | August 2nd & 9th
Pre-K and under will have self-contained classes
- We’ll plan to have a Team Everglades and Team Yellowstone class available.
- These classes will stay in their class area the entire time.
- No snacks, though water may be provided in a personal cup that is clearly marked with a name.
- We will continue to implement our cleaning protocols and have sanitizer and regular hand washing.
Step 2 | August 16th, 23rd, & 30th
Modified (as needed) Infant – 5th grade classes As we enter Step 2 of re-opening Redemption Kids, there are things that will look a little different. We’re committing to the following things through the end of September:
- All volunteers will wear a mask
- We will not have large group times at the beginning and end of Redemption Kids. Here’s a diagram of class areas
- Students will remain in class areas for the entire morning (except for bathroom breaks).
- Hand washing and sanitizer will be utilized regularly.
- We ask parents to keep home any kids/siblings displaying COVID-like symptoms.
- Kids will be dropped off and picked up from their designated area.