As we think about ways we can engage our world and serve our community, we want to encourage you to pursue opportunities at RestoreOKC and help those in your Small Groups and Serve Teams do so as well. Restore OKC seeks to bridge relationships of reconciliation between races and economic classes by serving the physical, social, emotional, educational, and economic needs in the northeast portion of Oklahoma City. They have been one of our closest ministry partners in the city and many of our people regularly serve with them.
During our current break from regular group meetings, we would love it if each group would take an opportunity to go serve at RestoreOKC together. The easiest way to do this is by signing up for a Workday, which RestoreOKC hosts every second Saturday of the month. You can sign up to serve at a Workday here, and you can sign up family members or other group members at the same time to make it easier. During the COVID-19 pandemic, it is critical that you sign up for the Workday in advance. RestoreOKC will contact you with information on where to go for the Workday instead of everyone meeting at one central location.
Restore OKC is doing incredible work in our community and, especially in light of current racial tensions in our world, we would love to strengthen our partnership with them.
Ways to Serve at RestoreOKC
- Sign up for Serve Our City. The Serve Our City team seeks to serve our diverse communities through partnering with ministries like Restore OKC. Signing up for this team will ensure that you are made aware of upcoming events at RestoreOKC such as Workdays. You can sign up here.
- Volunteer at a Workday. On the second Saturday of each month, RestoreOKC hosts a Workday. Consider serving at a Workday once or regularly by yourself or with your family, friends, or small group. Advance sign up is required and can be done here on the Restore OKC website or on our Serve Our City group page.
- Give Financially. RestoreOKC is currently in need of financial donations. They are always glad to accept financial donations, but because of COVID-19 Restore OKC had to cancel many of their summer team projects and are over budget for the additional supplies needed to complete those projects. You can give directly to Restore OKC here.
- Volunteer with RestoreOKC’s School Ministry. Restore OKC sends teams into local schools help teachers serve their students. Classroom Care Teams adopt a classroom to serve 2 hours a week for the entire school year. Most teams rotate through volunteers and only ask for a 2 hour a month commitment. You can also give financially to this ministry or donate healthy snacks to students. You can sign up to serve local schools here.
- Volunteer with RestoreOKC’s Farm and Market. Restore OKC is located in an urban food desert, which means there are no nearby grocery stores for residents. Because of this Restore OKC operates a farm and market to help NE OKC residents have easier access to fresh and affordable food. If you are interested in helping with the farm or market you can sign up here.