Every second Saturday we are partnering with Restore OKC for a Workday. This is because we believe Jesus has called us to participate in acts of mercy. We want to engage our hearts by making acts of love a habit. This is a great opportunity to learn from those closest to the kingdom. Below, Restore OKC provides a brief description of their Workday.
Workday exists to engage and equip the body of Christ to do Spirit-led deeds of justice and mercy primarily on Oklahoma City’s Eastside. We do this both because the need is great and because poverty and oppression can be found most anywhere, and God calls us as his children to enter in and to demonstrate his love and goodness. It is our hope and prayer that as volunteers serve with us they will be empowered to replicate the same thing in their own communities.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO ON A WORKDAY:
- mow a widow’s lawn
- scrape and paint a widow’s home
- work in a community garden
- deliver furniture to a single-mother or widow
- helping a widow or single mom with basic home repairs that she cannot afford
- visiting residents of a city nursing home
- building or repairing wheelchair ramps
- visiting our friends with flowers and donuts and praying together with them
Time: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Location of Workday: 2222 NE 27th Oklahoma City, OK 73111.
For more info, contact Caleb Harper | email@example.com